• Sustainable Supply Chain Management
• Ethical trading
• REACH ‘Substances of Very High Concern’
• Product and packaging compliance
• Risk based supply chain assurance.
• Ted Rosser – Sustainable Growth Company Ltd
• Frank Lowe – Bureau Veritas Consumer Products
• Ali Henshaw – Fine Décor
• Paul Ellis – Kingfisher
• Matt Sexton – Futerra
The Ethical Trading, Supply Chain and Product Compliance Assurance one-day workshop is the second of three workshops on Managing Sustainability. Each workshop is a stand-alone event so you don’t have to attend all three events to benefit, just the ones that match your training requirements. However, attending all three workshops should provide a good introduction to the management of environmental and social issues applicable to a typical UK organisation.
These workshops focus on practical guidance, tool, techniques and templates, not pontificating all day over the future of the planet.
The workshop runs from 09:00 to 17:00 with lunch provided in the middle of the day and with refreshments available in the morning and afternoon. The agenda is as follows:
• Introduction ethical trading and supply chain and product compliance assurance
• Supply chain management and assurance including SEDEX
• Background to product and packaging compliance including the regulatory regime
• Product compliance and the REACH, CLP and other chemical regulations
• CE Marking including ROHS, Energy Related Products etc.
• EU Timber Regulations, FSC and PEFC
• Risk based approach to managing compliance and compliance assurance
• Linkages to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015.
There will various opportunities to participate in exercises and discussions during the day; it won’t be just one long lecture!
We will issue the course overheads and also provide a detailed guidance document on business and the environment. Various tools and techniques will be used during the day and templates will be available for you to take away.
Persons attending the course will be provided with an attendance certificate.
Who is it for?
This workshop is aimed at individuals who wish to develop their of sustainability, particularly ethical trading, supply chain and product compliance issues, particularly REACH requirements with respect to ‘Articles’. It is suited persons with basic or intermediate understanding of sustainability but who are responsible for managing these sustainability issues within their organisation. It is ideal for persons responsible for preparing for the implementation of the ISO 14001:2015 where the ‘life cycle perspective’ will increase the emphasis on supply chain assurance. But we expand supply chain assurance to include ethical trading and product compliance issues, so it will also benefit Quality Managers, Compliance Managers or Customer Account Managers.
What is the purpose of the course?
The course examines ethical trading issues, how they are managed within an organisation and its supply chain and the risks of failing to manage these issues.
We then focus on understanding relevant legislation for trade within the EU and UK. A central topic for this workshop is the EU REACH and CLP regulations with particular emphasis on the requirements relating to ‘Articles’ and ‘Substances of Very High Concern’. CE Marking, timber and packaging regulations are also covered within the scope of this workshop.
We then examine an integrated risk based approach to supply chain and product compliance assurance and how this relates to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015.
Who is presenting the course?
The course will be presented by:
• Ted Rosser is Managing Director of the Sustainable Growth Company. Ted has many years of experience of working with organisations on sustainability issues, management systems and compliance issues and is Project Director of B&Q’s supply chain assessment programme.
• Frank Lowe is a Principal Consultant with Bureau Veritas Consumer Products. Frank is an expert on the CLP and REACH regulations and ‘Substances of Very High Concern’ in Articles (products)
• Alison Henshaw is QA Manager at Fine Décor) Alison is the Quality Assurance Manager at Fine Décor Ltd and will be sharing her experience of sustainability management in her business.
• Matt Sexton is the Strategy Director at Futerra, the leading sustainability strategy consultancy and former Director of CSR at B&Q. of meeting retailer supply chain requirements.
The guest speaker will be Paul Ellis, the Kingfisher Product Compliance Manager. George Padelopoulos is the B&Q Responsible Sourcing Manager.
The course will be presented by Ted Rosser (SGC), Frank Lowe (Bureau Veritas Consumer Products) and Alison Henshaw (QA Manager at Fine Décor) with guest speaker Paul Ellis (Kingfisher Compliance Manager). Ted has many years of experience of working with organisations on sustainability issues and is Project Director of B&Q’s supply chain assessment programme. Frank Lowe is an expert in product testing, CLP and REACH. Alison is the Quality Assurance Manager at Fine Décor Ltd and will be sharing her experience of meeting retailer supply chain requirements.
What is included in the price?
The course provides candidates with:
– an information pack including the course overheads, various exercises, templates and external sources of information
– lunch and refreshments
For B&Q Suppliers
This workshop will also cover various aspects of QUEST 6 requirements.
This workshop costs £295 (+ VAT).
We are offering a discount on the range of SGC branded workshops. The package deal consists of the three Sustainability Management Workshops 13-15 October 2015 for £800 (+ VAT)
Ethical Trading, Supply Chain and Product Compliance Assurance including REACH will be held on 14th October 2015.
This course will be held at:
B&Q Distribution Centre, Old Manton Wood Colliery Site, Retford Road, Worksop, Nottinghamshire S80 2RZ
Interested in participating? Please request a booking from via email at email@example.com