• Managing sustainability and systems
• Implementing ISO 14001:2015
• Organisation context and stakeholder engagement
• Legal requirements and compliance assurance
• Understanding ISO 26000 and SA 8000
• Ted Rosser – Sustainable Growth Company Ltd
• Ali Henshaw – Fine Décor
• Jim Ormond – Article 13
• Matt Sexton – Futerra
The Ethical Trading, Supply Chain and Product Compliance Assurance one-day workshop is the final of three workshops on Managing Sustainability. Each workshop is a stand-alone event so you don’t have to attend all three events to benefit, just the ones that match your training requirements. However, attending all three workshops should provide a good introduction to the management of environmental and social issues applicable to a typical UK organisation.
These workshops focus on practical guidance, tool, techniques and templates, not pontificating all day over the future of the planet.
The workshop runs from 09:00 to 16:00 with lunch provided in the middle of the day and with refreshments available in the morning and afternoon. The agenda is as follows:
• ‘Plan-Do-Check-Act’ approach to managing sustainability issues
• Applicable standards including an overview of ISO 14001:2015 and SA 8000:2014 plus linkages to ISO 9001:2015
• Determining internal and external issues and the needs and expectations of interested parties
• Environmental compliance process
• Actions to address risk associated with threats and opportunities
• Environmental programmes
• CSR programmes including ISO 26000 and SA 8000
• Guidance for certification.
There will various opportunities to participate in exercises and discussions during the day, it won’t be just one long lecture!
We will issue with the course overheads and also provide a detailed guidance document on CSR.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at individuals who wish to develop their knowledge of how management systems can help to deliver an organisation’s environmental and social policies and programmes. It is aimed at individuals with a basic or intermediate understanding of management systems but who are responsible for managing environmental issues and/or social responsibility within their organisation.
What is the purpose of the course?
The Management Systems and Compliance Workshop introduces the management system ‘Plan-Do-Check-Act’ approach to managing sustainability issues. It covers the requirements of the newly and significantly updated ISO 14001:2015 standard and its additional ‘organisational context’ requirements. The CSR standard ISO 26000 and SA 8000 are also covered in this workshop.
Who is presenting the course?
The course will be presented by:
• Ted Rosser is Managing Director of the Sustainable Growth Company. Ted has many years of experience of working with organisations on sustainability issues, management systems and compliance issues and is Project Director of B&Q’s supply chain assessment programme.
• Alison Henshaw is QA Manager at Fine Décor) Alison is the Quality Assurance Manager at Fine Décor Ltd and will be sharing her experience of sustainability management in her business.
• Jim Ormond is a CSR Consultant with Article 13 and an expert on stakeholder engagement.
• Matt Sexton is the Strategy Director at Futerra, the leading sustainability strategy consultancy and former Director of CSR at B&Q. of meeting retailer supply chain requirements.
What is included in the price?
The course provides candidates with:
– an information pack including various exercises and external sources of information
– lunch and refreshments
How is it certified?
Upon completion of the course, candidates will receive a certificate of attendance.
For B&Q Suppliers
This workshop addresses QUEST principle 6-10.
This workshop costs £295 (+ VAT).
We are offering a discount on the range of SGC branded workshops. The package deal consists of the Sustainability Management, Social Responsibility and Product and Packaging Compliance courses and will be reduced to £800 (+ VAT)
The next Sustainability – Management Systems Workshop will be held on 14th January 2016.
This course will be held at:
B&Q Distribution Centre, Old Manton Wood Colliery Site, Retford Road, Worksop, Nottinghamshire S80 2RZ
Interested in participating? Please request a booking from via email at email@example.com